Florida Forest Service administers sound forest management practices, which maintains the integrity of the environment and provides for Florida’s future natural resource needs and manage public lands for their unique character and to provide multiple public benefits. To achieve the establishment success of a pine stand, forest managers must analyze all factors that play a role in the regeneration process. The primary purpose of reforestation is to establish a well-stocked stand of pine seedlings in a manner that will ensure, under favorable weather conditions, acceptable survival and growth rates for the seedlings.
News & Events
- “For Our Forests Day” Retailer Campaign Kicks Off! (Tallahassee & Callahan, Florida)
- Equestrian Partners Recognized at Blackwater River State Forest – Coldwater Recreation Area
- Commissioner Putnam Recognizes 80 Years of Florida State Forests
- Donor and Friends of Florida State Forests, Inc. Give Back Following Hurricane Hermine!
- Native Tree Planting Event at the Caloosahatchee Forestry Center - a Success!
- Native Tree Planting Event at Caloosahatchee Forestry Center
- Pledge Hike raises $2,400 for Seminole State Forest
- Friends of Florida State Forests & Community Partnerships Making a Difference
- Commissioner Putnam Recognizes Florida’s Forest Industry During Inaugural Working Forests Week
- Commissioner Putnam Encourages Floridians to Explore State Forests During State Forest Awareness Month